Two mechanically activated PTO’s are now available in addition to the performance-proven Air Tube Disc Clutch PTO’s. Complete clutch engagement of the mechanical PTO units is assured with each release of the hand lever due to the incorporation of a heavy-duty Fuller® “Solo” truck clutch. With its many outstanding features, the Fuller clutch used in the Wichita PTO prevents torsional vibration from damaging engine or transmission components, or causing spline wear. The result is superior Power Take-Off performance and durability!
- Side Load version incorporates a rugged cylindrical roller bearing system which eliminates trouble-prone pilot bearings. Provides 100% external support of take-off shaft. Prevents transmission of side loads that fatigue or even damage the engine crankshaft.
- Precise alignment capabilities of the bearing system ensure flywheel/clutch concentricity to minimize effects of diesel engine torsional vibration.
- Performance-proven Fuller Solo Spring clutch provides easy engagement. Axial load is provided by three pairs of springs placed at an angle to the clutch centerline, reducing required axial force as the clutch is disengaged. The discs are raced with trapezoidal ceramic buttons, and are dampened with an assembly of coaxial springs mounted in the disc hub.
- Dampened clutch discs prevent torsional vibrations from damaging engine or components.
- Available in 2 sizes, from 14″ to 15 1/2″ for engines up to 420 HP @ 2100 RPM.
The In-line PTO design provides direct drive operation with side load capability. It has an automatic self-adjusting feature and does not require a pilot bearing. Other features such as standard SAE flywheel mounting, interchangeable clutch and clutch housing, constant plate load and easy maintenance add up to superior performance.
Side Load PTO’s utilize a pair of heavy-duty roller bearings fitted in to the shaft housing. The bearing support system eliminates the transmission of side loads that could reduce durability or even damage the engine’s crank -shaft. Its torque capacities range up to 420 HP @ 2100 RPM.
Air-Tube Disc Power Take-Off Clutches provide dependable trouble-free performance on indirect drives with large over hung loads on engines of 250-700 HP. The Wichita design isolates the side load from the engine’s crankshaft for long service life. Simple air controls can be utilized to remotely control the clutch as well as the throttle. Wichita PTO’s have been successfully used for oil field, construction and marine applications.